Monday, November 21, 2011

No proposal pictures… and that’s ok


My fiancé (Shay) proposed over the summer. Condensed version: We were camping and he got down on his knee in front of the campfire. Then he had his friends set off a fireworks show just for us. (Insert “awww” here). 

It was very special and I will always remember it, but we have no pictures. No surprised shots, no pictures after with him on his knee, none of the fireworks, none of me right after staring at my hand. It was such a whirlwind I forgot to document everything! In a way though, I’m glad. I’m happy I was truly in the moment. It was just us. I didn’t care about anything else. 

It’s ok to just stop and enjoy something. Stop worrying about remembering every detail through photos. Stay in the moment and you’ll have just as vivid of memories. You just won’t have any pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment with your opinion!