Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The Holiday Season


Like most people, I love the holidays. As much as I’m a summer person, November and December are two of my favorite months of the year. Everyone seems a little more happy and friendly. I like to take my time and buy presents for people that I know they will really love. Shay and I are also making wine again this year as gifts which people really seem to enjoy.

The best part of the whole holiday season for me is the kick off – Thanksgiving! I know it seems strange, but I think I like Thanksgiving more than Christmas. Thanksgiving is a day to relax, be around family, eat and do a craft (an after dinner tradition of ours!).

Shay and I are very lucky to have most of our family very close to where we live. The downside to that is that everyone expects to see us on Christmas day. That’s a lot of visiting to do! I like the relaxing atmosphere of Thanksgiving and not having to stress about going to a bunch of places and bringing gifts for everyone.

No matter what happens on the holidays, enjoy them! They go by way too fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment with your opinion!